Interning for week 5 held slightly different activities for me. Although I did do the usually daily tasks I also got to work on some new stuff. I was introduced to Microsoft Advertising Intelligence, it's a add-on for Microsoft excel. Basically what it does is analyses a phrase or group of words and tells you how many hits you were to get if those were the world you used for Google Ad Words. For example, the client I was working on was 'Just retirement.' I had a list of buzz words like 'annuity for retirement' or 'official retirement age' and Microsoft Advertising Intelligence could tell me the clicks, impressions, click-through-rates, cost per click, and total cost. It takes those things and breaks them down into groups of 3: Exact, Phrase, and Broad. This basically telling you the outcome if you were to buy the ad words for if someone searched the exact phrase, a phrase that contains yours, or broad which is if there was any hit at all. So sometimes it is smarter and you get more impressions with an exact match or just a broad search.
With all this data they can decide which phrases and how to phrase their ad words to get desirable results.
The output data you get looks like this:
(Click to enlarge)
On the right side of the spread sheet I tacked on actual results from their previous campaign. This way we could see what we actually got versus the analyzed data from Microsoft Advertising Intelligence.
The description of MAI from their website: "Microsoft Advertising Intelligence is a keyword research and
optimization tool that operates in Microsoft Office Excel 2007 and now
2010. It provides keyword expansion, research, pricing and KPI data,
allowing you to maximize marketing ROI for your paid search and content
ad campaigns."
No comments:
Post a Comment